Actinia - The GRASS GIS REST API
Actinia is an open source REST API for scalable, distributed, high performance processing of geographical data that uses GRASS GIS for computational tasks.
It provides a REST API to process satellite images, time series of satellite images, arbitrary raster data with geographical relations and vector data.
The REST interface allows to access, manage and manipulate the GRASS GIS database via HTTP GET, PUT, POST and DELETE requests and to process raster, vector and time series data located in a persistent GRASS GIS database. Actinia allows the processing of cloud based data, for example all Landsat 4-8 scenes as well as all Sentinel-2 scenes in an ephemeral databases. The computational results of ephemeral processing are available via object storage as GeoTIFF files.
The full API documentation is available here: https://redocly.github.io/redoc/?url=https://actinia.mundialis.de/latest/swagger.json. The source code is available here: https://github.com/actinia-org/actinia-core.
- What is REST?
- Actinia concepts
- Actinia REST API documentation
- User, user-roles and user-groups
- The Actinia databases
- Actinia database access
- Using curl for HTTP requests
- Access to locations and mapsets in the persistent database
- Access to raster layers in the persistent database
- Access to raster time-series in the persistent database
- Time-series sampling
- Sampling of a STRDS with vector points
- User defined processing
- The actinia process chain
- Sentinel-2A NDVI process chain